Funny Story - Website Statistics & Home Page Link

I thought this was kind of funny (and also shows I am rookie at creating websites).

Whenever I check statistics for which pages or posts at the site are getting the most "views", the winner by far is always the "Welcome to CMSGA!" page - a page created to introduce new members to the club. 

For example, in the past 7 days, this "Welcome" page has received 91 views. We did receive two new members during this period, so those members might account for a few of those views. But did the other 80+ views result in potential new members reading the page, and going "Nah, this is not for me"? Or maybe existing members are wanting to re-read the Welcome message?

Today it dawned on me what could be the source of the many views.

Near the top of all pages are the Blue Tabs for quickly jumping to some specific pages. The one on the far left has been the "Welcome to CMSGA" page. My theory is that many members are clicking that tab, thinking it will take them to the website Home page (logical assumption) and possibly getting frustrated that it did not 😦. 

If this was the situation for you, please let me know with a comment.

In any case, I just revised those Blue tabs, and the one on the far left is now called "Home", and will indeed take you to the home page.👍


Jeff

PS: You can also click on the large CMSGA logo on any page, and that will also take you to the site home page.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to comment, but only if appropriate